The cutting, technics mastered since more as 200 years in China, arrived in Switzerland at the 17th century. During the 18th century, the cutting’s art was an entertainment for the citizen classes: a good family’s daughter must practise this art.
The cutting poured out to the country after the begining of the 19th century. These of the Pays-d’Enhaut represented the motives of an idyllic Switzerland. The two best local masters named Johann-Jakob Hauswirth (1809-1871) and Louis Saugy (1871-1953) illustrated the daily life of our mountains. They found the inspiration in alpine landscapes, animals processions and mountaineer scenes.
Items 1-36 of 64
- Bread basket AlpsCHF38.90
- Cotfer Black kitchen apron DécoupageCHF32.90
- Cotfer Coffee cup and saucer DécoupageNow Only CHF10.90 Regular Price CHF15.90
- Cotfer Cup Pays-d’Enhaut DécoupageCHF14.90
- Cotfer Découpage Cutting plateNow Only CHF15.90 Regular Price CHF18.90
- Cotfer Kitchen towel DécoupageCHF12.90
- Cotfer Manual music box DécoupageCHF10.90
- Cotfer Melamine tray DécoupageCHF12.90
- Cotfer Money bank DécoupageCHF10.90
- Cotfer Playing cards AlptitudeNow Only CHF3.90 Regular Price CHF5.90