The cutting, technics mastered since more as 200 years in China, arrived in Switzerland at the 17th century. During the 18th century, the cutting’s art was an entertainment for the citizen classes: a good family’s daughter must practise this art.
The cutting poured out to the country after the begining of the 19th century. These of the Pays-d’Enhaut represented the motives of an idyllic Switzerland. The two best local masters named Johann-Jakob Hauswirth (1809-1871) and Louis Saugy (1871-1953) illustrated the daily life of our mountains. They found the inspiration in alpine landscapes, animals processions and mountaineer scenes.
Items 1-36 of 61
- Bread basket Alps38.90 CHF
- Cotfer Black kitchen apron Découpage32.90 CHF
- Cotfer Black metal gourd Découpage 60 cl17.90 CHF
- Cotfer Cup Pays-d’Enhaut Découpage14.90 CHF
- Cotfer Découpage Cutting plateNow Only 15.90 CHF Regular Price 18.90 CHF
- Cotfer Découpage leather bookmark5.90 CHF
- Cotfer Kitchen towel Découpage12.90 CHF
- Cotfer Manual music box Découpage10.90 CHF
- Cotfer Melamine pin-tray Découpage9.90 CHF
- Cotfer Melamine tray Découpage12.90 CHF
- Cotfer Money bank Découpage10.90 CHF
- Cotfer Moo box with Poya Découpage6.90 CHF
- Cotfer Playing cards AlptitudeNow Only 3.90 CHF Regular Price 5.90 CHF